What you will need for your ecommerce site, Shipping, Policies and Payments
If you are about to delve into having an eCommerce website developed unfortunately it’s not all about design and functionality, there are shipping, privacy and consumer data policies to be written, payment gateways to be set up and thinking about specials, discounts and coupon’s and how they will be set up.
Stop – don’t panic, we are here to help you through this minefield of required information.
Below are some examples you can use as templates to get you started along with some information on things you will need to consider for the development of your online store.
Development – your developer will need:
- All your categories, any sub categories
- Search filter information. For example if you sold second hand cars you might want consumers to be able to search by: Make> Model> Min Price – Max price> Location > Keywords
- Shipping - A clear description of shipping practices/delivery policies, where shipping or delivery of goods is provided.
- Consumer data policy content
- Security Policy content
- If you have wholesale pricing as well as retail pricing; Details of what questions need to be asked on the form that people fill out to apply for wholesale pricing
- Details on payments – Which bank you will take payments through. Have you already got a merchant facility set up with them?
- Will you require a bulk uploading to cart feature. Meaning you can add bulk quantity of an item to the cart.
- Shipping calculator – how will you do your shipping?
- Specials - do you need a category of specials or are there some sort of discounts applied?
- Coupons - do you want to have any coupons or discounts that need to be applied? eg. Spend over $150 and you get 20% discount of the total order et
Below are some example policies to help you out
Shipping and delivery policy example:
We deliver products using [shipping company]. Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the product and your location. Exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are dispatched within (x) business days. Shipping times are estimated at between (x) and (y) business days depending on your location.
We deliver our products using [shipping company]. Shipping costs are a flat rate of $x and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are dispatched within (x) business days. Shipping times are estimated at between (x) and (y) business days, depending on your location.
- A clear summary of the total price of goods/services being provided , including taxes, shipping/delivery and any other charges.
- A clear refund/returns policy.
- Transactions listed in Australian Dollars. ( acceptable abbreviations are AUD$, AU$ and A$ )
- If transactions are not listed in Australian dollars a statement must be present in the terms and conditions to that effect. eg: ' All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars '
Security Policy example
When purchasing from (Business Name), card details are transmitted through a secure server using (name of product). Card data is not hosted by (Business Name) after processing.
Consumer Data Policy example
At Neubreed it is our aim to ensure developing your eCommerce website is a stress free process, if you need any help with preparing for developing your online store, contact us today for a chat to see how we can help!
- May 2016 (1)
- June 2015 (7)
- May 2015 (3)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (6)
- February 2015 (3)
- January 2015 (2)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (8)
- September 2014 (8)
- August 2014 (8)
- July 2014 (14)
- June 2014 (12)
- May 2014 (9)
- September 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (5)
- November 2012 (2)
- June 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (7)
- May 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (5)
- February 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (4)
- July 2009 (1)
- July 2008 (11)
- October 2007 (2)